Work at the Kids’ Book Bank
BOOK DELIVERY DRIVER
(CDL NOT REQUIRED)
We are seeking a Book Delivery Driver who will deliver books to community partners in Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties.
Deliveries will range from dropping multiple pallets at a single location to unloading boxes of books, tables, signage, and chairs for
community events. The driver will also assist with emptying our book collection bins and bringing the donations back to our warehouse. This is a part-time position, Tuesday thru Friday, approximately 24 hours per week. The company vehicle is a 15-foot box truck, CDL not required.
Specific responsibilities include
- Loads all orders on the truck for the delivery schedule.
- Delivers book orders to community partners as scheduled and as needed.
- Picks up book donations and loads them into the warehouse.
- Checks to ensure orders are accurate and complete based on order invoices and reports.
- Provides excellent customer service to community partners when delivering or picking up books.
- Communicates regularly with other Warehouse team members about issues, concerns or suggestions regarding deliveries and pickups.
- Assists in warehouse when schedule slows or as needed.
- Monitors and brings truck in for regular maintenance, such as regular cleaning, oil changes, etc.
- Unencumbered Driver License with 2-4 years of driving experience mandatory.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Personal experience living and or working in communities we serve, particularly Cleveland neighborhoods.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in the use of Gmail and Google Suite.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly rate of $17.00.
- Eligible for annual bonus.
- Annual performance review with potential for merit increase.
- Paid holidays and vacation (including your birthday and a bonus week off between Christmas and
Tuesday through Friday between 9:00am and 3:00pm (*somewhat flexible based on personal availability).
The Kids’ Book Bank Culture
We are a small but mighty team making a difference for kids in Greater Cleveland! We are always thinking of creative ways to get more books to more children and to foster that love of reading that makes such a difference in a child’s future. The Kids’ Book Bank has been successful because we are willing to try new approaches, reach out to new partners, and forge a new path. Each of us who works here is deeply passionate about this work. We are collaborative, creative, and respectful of one another. And we love a good laugh!
To apply, send your resume to HR@kidsbookbank.org. Applications will be accepted through September 30th, 2022.
We are powered by the many people in our community who volunteer with us.